5 Dead As Gunmen Open Fire On Muslim Worshippers In Canada

Tragedy struck in the Canadian city of Quebec after unidentified gunmen opened fire on about 40 Muslim worshippers at a mosque during evening prayers killing five people in the process and injuring several others.
According to the mosque’s president, Mohamed Yangui, the armed men stormed the mosque opening fire at 8pm local time (01:00 GMT) taking aim on about 40 people inside the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center on Sunday.
He said he was not at the mosque when the incident happened but received frantic calls from worshippers when the shooting occurred as it was unclear how many gunmen carried out the attack but police said two suspects had been arrested.
Speaking to Al Jazeera by phone, Yangui said: “One of the administrators called me and said there was a shooting at the mosque. I am still in shock. I ran to the mosque, and finally the morgue told me that five had been killed and many more were injured.
“I was told that one attacker was arrested at the scene while another one was arrested nearby. We received no threats against us or the mosque beforehand.


No comments:

About me. Powered by Blogger.